My next spotlight is focused on not one, but TWO people. They are a package deal, and that's part of their appeal. Who doesn't love 2 for the price of 1? Presenting, what I like about Landon & Kylie Burgener:
- Landon is the coolest nerd I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
- He likes geology and dinosaurs.
- He is a fan of Ben Folds.
- He is the kind of married-guy I hope to be someday.
- I would even venture to say that he is like an older brother to me.
- I knew I liked Kylie when she was wearing a Joel P. Jensen hoodie the first time I met her.
- I am always blown away by the amazing pictures she takes.
- She plays tennis. While I am yet to reap the benefits of her tennis skills, I look forward to getting my butt kicked by this girl in the near future.
- She likes Arthur. Need I say more?
They took me in as a cousin, no questions asked.
- They do cool things with me and Chelsea.
- Even though they are married, they have managed to hang on to their cool factor. In fact, they have somehow managed to use their marriage to boost the cool factor.
- They have goals, and as far as I can tell, they are achieving their goals.
- They use their library cards. (Having fun isn't hard. . . .)
- I have never been around them and NOT laughed.
- They could turn ANY topic into an interesting, and even eye-opening, conversation.
- They do things like read "The Hobbit" and go to the latest "Star Wars" movie.
- They didn't mock me that one time I wore 3/4 length pants.
- Even though I haven't taken advantage of it, I know they are always there for me.
The Burgeners have been a great addition to my life since I have been home. I have been so grateful for their friendship during these past couple months, and I look forward to being their friend even after Chelsea's missionary comes home and I get the boot. (hopefully this doesn't happen, but I'm prepared for the worst.)
The thing I like about me today:
- I like that I have gone to the gym four times this week.